A couple of days ago it was my turn and this is what I came up with.
“So here is my month in numbers… 7 days skiing, 5 Saturdays working in a gift shop, and, 16 days working long hours freelancing in a studio in Turin. That left me a whole 3 days to do exactly what I wanted (although of course skiing is counted as holiday time so I can’t really complain)! So this ‘hectic’ month has come to an end and do you know what? I enjoyed myself. Looking back I managed to make and post 4 Efuto envelopes to various worldwide destinations, visited the cinema twice, and made lunchtime trips to Ikea and a fabulous exhibition. I uncovered a great 70′s tablecloth at my mother-in-law’s (in mint condition), met up with a long lost friend who I hadn’t seen for 14 years, and won 100 euros on the lottery, BIG SMILES. On the work front I had an interview for a new ‘surface pattern’ related job and received my first ever contract to license some of my designs. My month was positive, pleasant and interesting. Not quite enough pattern time for my liking but I passed many a doodle evening with my sketchbook and am looking forward to the near future when I can develop all my new ideas into colourful patterns.”
My March highlights...
- 5. Happy to finish my handmade Mother’s Day card, as I live away from home it is a very special day for us both.
- 9. In the gift shop where I work on Saturdays we had been waiting for all the 50′s related gifts to arrive. It is always fun to see new products and have new things to sell.
- 12. My time spent freelancing in Turin is made extra special by this wonderful dog who is part of the team. Not very good at using Photoshop but is excellent at sleeping.
- 21. I was so inspired by this exhibition by Gianini and Luzzati, fabulous animations made using collage and cut and paste stuff, SUPER!
- 22. This is not exclusive to March but my favourite bread shop which I visit a couple of times a week, definitely worth a mention.
- 23. Is it sad to say that I was so happy to win 100 euros on the lottery, well it doesn’t happen every day does it?
- 25. I met up with a friend and her family who I hadn’t seen for 14 years, so nice to realise that you just pick up where you left off.
- 27. Nice find at my mother-in-law’s, a vintage tablecloth in super condition.
- 28. A week late but FINALLY spring arrived in my garden!
It was a very interesting process to do, choose a photo for everyday of the month and pick out 9 highlights. I had imagined my months to be all the same and just full of rushing about. However this makes me realise how interesting time can be... everyday has a moment of happiness or inspiration and it sure is worth focusing your time on the positive moments... it is an exercise I should do more often.
You can catch up on the whole series of A Month in the Life of... HERE!