The base is made using some handmade paper that I have had for years and that was just waiting for a project like this to come along so that it could be used. I then embroidered some hearts onto some fabric designed by myself and printed by Spoonflower. I then stiched the two together by machine and secured one of the ties to the base. For the front of the card I chose some fine netting material which was surprisingly quite rigid. I love the fact that it is transparent and leans itself to the theme of "discover“, you can see most of whats inside but not all of it.
I then did the "cheaty bit" by sewing strips of paper onto this and "drawing" the letters to create the word discover, before securing the other tie and attaching the whole thing to the base. The postcard is closed like a book... but can be opened to show the lovely butterfly fabric and embroidered hearts.
I do hope it goes to a good home, I wrote the date and a dedication on the back. Now I will just sit back and wait for my swap partner to send me hers in the post. YUMMY!