Monday, May 20, 2013

How to do PERFECT REPEATS!

Would you love to be able to do perfect repeats with your designs all the time, quickly and with superb results? You need to enroll on this wonderful course Reign Repeats prepared by Maria Jose Bautista V. Majo is a VERY talented designer and is sharing her know-how with anyone who cares to sign up to do this course. I am so tempted to do this course myself but I have a to-do list which cannot be ignored any longer. If I clear a bit of stuff off my desk before June 7th which is when the course begins... I'M IN. Please read below what Majo has to say about Reign Repeats and of course sign up if you can it is a chance not to be missed.

About the course:

I've partnered with the awesome team of Skillshare to teach Reign Repeats: create perfect repeat patterns in Adobe Illustrator. The class is for surface pattern designers, graphic designers, illustrators, artists, crafters and anyone else who is interested in pattern design using Adobe Illustrator.

You'll submerge in the wonderful world of patterns, and learn how to use the basic Illustrator tools to bring to life your ideas. You'll learn how to create a repeat, both the old-school way and using Illustrator CS6 new Pattern Tool. At the end of the class you'll be able to create your own designs for you to use however you want; for example, to sell your own fabric on Spoonflower. To help you get started with this, you'll create a repeat for a Spoonflower contest as part of the final project.

I'll explain you how to get your hand-drawn sketches vectorised (even if you don't have a scanner), how to apply colour and then easily re-colour your design to create new colour ways, the different types of repeats and how to make them, and how to solve most of the common problems that arise when using Illustrator. I'll also teach you how to prepare perfect files for you to get your best results on Spoonflower.

At the end of the class, I'll choose the top 15 designs and will showcase them on my blog and Facebook page. For a week I'll ask my readers to vote for their favourite designs and the top 3 voted will receive some fab prizes donated by Spoonflower.

This course will be packed with lots of useful info, helpful resources, and inspirational interviews from great designers that have come to reign repeats. If you can't wait to get your ideas on to fabric or any other printed surface, don't miss the class… enroll now! http://skl.sh/11jgtzb

 
DON'T MISS IT!

2 comments:

  1. You will need to get your head down then x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, great post! Thank you so much for including my course in your blog, and also for all the nice things you said about me and my work. I really hope you get to get some time to take it... I'd love to have you in class, but I also understand if you can't :D

    ReplyDelete