Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's here... the Tropical Fusion Blog Hop

Welcome to the Tropical Fusion Blog Hop. For 4 days 45 surface pattern designers are linking their blogs together to create a feast of new and exclusive designs. All you have to do is click on the link at the bottom of each post to move on to the next blog. To start the blog hop from the very beginning just click on the logo over on the right and you will find yourself at Groovity Designs.
You have probably just come over from Anne M Bray's blog Pattern Recognition and taken in her fab patterns. Now it is time for me to reveal my designs which have been created especially for this blog hop. The theme is Tropical Fusion and incorporates the Pantone Color of the Year 2014 - Radiant Orchid. 


© Dawn Clarkson

I have taken my tropical inspiration from the luscious growth of vegetation - flowers, grass, roots, trees, leaves, fruits and seed pods. My original sketches were scanned and digitally elaborated to invent unique motifs to work with. 

© Dawn Clarkson

© Dawn Clarkson

With the wealth of icons I'd created I then began to put together my main design. I wanted it to be strong and really make the most of the Pantone Color of the Year 2014 - Radiant Orchid to give an important beginning to the collection. With a lot of movement in the design and a bed of dark leaves below… (you know how much I love my feathery leaves) the pattern began to emerge. It has rhythm and style, is rich and detailed, and above all, dark and luxurious. The 'Lush & flourish' collection is completed with complementary designs which all pull together to create a very tropical collection!

© Dawn Clarkson

For more tropical goodies just click on the link below to move on to the lovely Maike Thoma's blog Pattern jots where you will find more beautiful designs and inspiration. I do hope you have enjoyed your visit here at Nice and Fancy, please come back soon. You can follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter.

28 comments:

  1. Lovely Dawn - especially how you put the collection together !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Dawn and love that last picture with the whole collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection Dawn. Love the main print x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful main pattern Dawn! and such a lovely collection too, they all work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all who have commented... it makes all the hard work worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection! I love the main print too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection, very well put together. And the combination of colors for this lush Radiant Orchid hue is fabulous! Love the different opacities of the burgundy, oranges and yellows. Superb and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the approach and the results. I see a patchwork quilt on the way. I mean, the patterns would be fabulous as fabric prints, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vibrant images and fabulous use of radiant orchid color palette. Especially enjoyed the collection and the way you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh love these colors together! What a gorgeous collection, love-love the palm leaves! ~Mary Tanana~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful collection. I love, love those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful collection with a great use of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely designs Dawn. I love the main print and the leafy print too! The last image of all the collection together is great too and really sells it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your designs are beautiful and have a nice tropical feel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to all my lovely SPD friends who left comments. Most appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic designs! last one is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful designs and the last image of the collection looks amazing and professional! My faves are the main design and the leafy design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab collection! they look so good together

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dawn these are great, full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Luscious, deep and gorgeous! They look fabulous on the fabric bolts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you have incorporated your beautiful design right into your header!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you all for commenting!
    P.S. welcome back Polly! x

    ReplyDelete