Monday, November 5, 2012

Dream Design 13 - Gill Eggleston

Today I welcome Gill Eggleston, a British textile designer who works under the name of Pattern Addict and is based in France. Below please find her pattern and read what it's dream application would be.

 

As I am a home textile designer, I automatically am drawn to designing for fabrics and love the clean, simplistic nature of Scandinavian design which I think my latest design Malvik represents. My long term ambition is create my own signature collection of homewares
Gill is a very experienced designer who has already worked for a number of large maufacturers in her already successful career as a textile designer. However she is now concentrating on surface pattern design and her career is moving into a new era.
I find Gill's work very colourful and contemporary and it is full of lovely sketchy elements and 'doodle' style patterns. She claims to be 'drawn to nature and organic shapes' and I think she successfully creates something completely new with this inspiration. 
Just recently her work was shortlisted in the top 25 of the Tigerprint Black and White competition, and, only three days ago her pattern was placed in the top ten of the latest Spoonflower competition with the theme Arrows (not bad for her first attempt!) I'm sure she has done the right thing in changing the direction of her career and I look forward to following her progress.  
You can view Gill's portfolio on her website here and catch up with the latest news on her blog here.

1 comment: